Exercise or physical fitness is a crucial element when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle. What’s even more important is how you maintain it. There’s a good chance you’ve never thought about going to a physical therapist unless you were in some type of pain; however, what most people don’t know is how beneficial it can be to have a PT expert by your side. You don’t even need to be injured to consult with one. In fact, many patients see a PT to prevent an injury from happening in the first place. Seeing your therapist when you feel perfectly fine is just as beneficial, especially if you’re someone who exercises often. If you’re thinking of getting back into a regular workout routine or trying out a new sport, consulting with your PT can ensure you do it safely.
The Benefits of PT with Exercise
We highly encourage you to speak with a PT before starting a new workout or physical activity so you can get guidance on which techniques and routines are best for your body and specific goals. A customized treatment plan can help individuals who want to return to their prior level of active functioning and prevent injuries. Strength and conditioning PT is also great for individuals who are already active and looking to improve their game or physique.
Physical therapy may also benefit your fitness routine by:
- Reducing and eliminating pain: Therapeutic exercises such as soft and joint tissue mobilization can help restore muscle function and relieve pain
- Improving mobility: If you’re having trouble with basic range of movement, a PT can help immensely. By personalizing a plan specific to your body and goals, you can enjoy activities with maximal performance and safety.
- Preventing falls: With a PT, you can get screened for fall risk. If you’re at high risk of falling, physical therapists can recommend exercises that improve coordination and balance.
- Assisting with age-related issues: As we age, we are at higher risk of disease and conditions such as arthritis or osteoporosis. A PT is highly skilled and knowledgeable in helping patients manage their symptoms and recover from joint pain.
- Managing health: PT can provide treatment for specialized conditions such as pregnancy, male pelvic pain, breast cancer, and urinary and bowel incontinence.
Our team at ProFysio specializes in pain management, strength and conditioning therapy, and much more. We provide custom and comprehensive PT services to get patients into good shape and provide them with the knowledge to maintain their fitness goals. The expert techniques of our doctors will help you improve functionality and mobility, while simultaneously offering emotional and physical support every step of the way.
If you have questions about physical therapy, or would like to talk to one of our therapists, dial us at (732) 812-5200 today!