Blogs from July, 2013


All Licensed Physical Therapists with a Doctorate Degree must complete primary content areas in the curriculum. Eighty percent (80%) of the DPT curriculum comprises classroom (didactic) and lab study and the remaining 20 percent (20%) is dedicated to clinical education. To practice as a physical therapist in the US, you must earn a PT degree from a CAPTE-accredited physical therapist education program and pass a licensure exam. (

Fellowship training is an opportunity to specialize in an area of practice. A fellowship trained doctor of physical therapy must first earn a degree in physical therapy. In addition the fellowship trained physical therapist must apply and be accepted into a fellowship program. A clinical fellowship program in physical therapy is a post professional planned learning experience in a focused advanced area of clinical practice.

Similar to the medical model, a clinical fellowship is a structured educational experience (both didactic and clinical) for physical therapists which combines opportunities for ongoing clinical mentoring with a theoretical basis for advanced practice and scientific inquiry in a defined area of sub specialization beyond that of a defined specialty area of clinical practice. A fellowship candidate has either completed a residency program in a related specialty area, is a board-certified specialist in the related area of specialty, or has demonstrable clinical skills within a particular specialty area. (

The Doctors of Physical Therapy at ProFysio are specialists in orthopedics with subspecialty training in orthopaedic manual therapy.

Share To: